Iredell Memorial Hospital (the “Hospital”) strives to maintain
the highest quality of care for its patients, and, therefore, the Hospital’s
employees, independent contractors, medical staff, and agents (collectively,
the “Hospital Community”) are expected to respect the rights
and dignity of all patients, to adhere to high ethical standards, and
to work in cooperation with all members of the Hospital’s team to
consistently evaluate the Hospital’s performance and improve the
Hospital’s services when needed.
In order to advance the Hospital’s commitment to quality care and
to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse, the Hospital has adopted a Compliance
Plan, founded on the following core elements:
- Designation of a Compliance Officer and Compliance Committee;
- Compliance policies and procedures, including a Code of Conduct;
- Open lines of communication;
- Appropriate training and education;
- Internal monitoring and auditing;
- Appropriate responses to detected deficiencies; and
- Enforcement of disciplinary standards.
We invite you to read the entire
Compliance Plan in PDF format.