Iredell Health System is pleased to announce that the first baby of 2017
at Iredell Memorial
Hospital was born January 1 at approximately 12:14 pm to parents Rigorberto Gonzalez
Rodriquez and Maria del Pilar Zotelo Santiago.
The infant, named Victoria Alejandra Gonzalez Zotelo, was born at The Birth
Place at Iredell Memorial Hospital, a state-of-the-art maternity center
offering pampered pregnancy care and one-on-one nursing care to mothers.
She weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces at birth, and is 18 inches long.
The birth was celebrated by family and staff at The Birth Place with balloons
and a cake. The family also received a gift basket of donated gift certificates
from the following vendors in our community.
- A $25 gift card for McLelland Family Shoes (Rusty McLelland);
- A $20 gift card for Origami Owl (Elizabeth Thies);
- A $50 gift card for Murphy’s Memories (Amy Murphy);
- A $25 gift card for Pampered Chef (Missy Kistemaker);
- A $25 gift card for Thirty-One (Amy Cummings);
- A $50 gift card for Young Living Essential Oils (Erica Goodnight);
- A $20 gift card for Younique (Denise Jones);
- A Jamberry mini-manicure gift worth $20 (Pam Speight);
- A $25 gift card for Mother’s Nest (Hannah Rash);
- And a variety of items donated by Iredell Health System.
“It was a beautiful experience. You see, I have a 16-year-old and
now the second one came,” said Maria. Their daughter, Isabel, added
“It’s been 16 years that I’ve been wanting a little
brother or sister and we got our little blessing, so it feels nice.”
The family of the last baby born at the hospital in 2016 received gifts
from H&R Block.