Please do not visit patients if you are experiencing the symptoms of a
cold or the flu.
We ask that all visitors adhere to the following guidelines when visiting patients:
- Do not enter the room when a NO VISITORS sign is on the door. If desired,
you may leave a note for the patient at the nurses' station.
- No more than three visitors should be in the patient's room at any
one time. Chairs are provided for the convenience of visitors. We kindly
ask that visitors do not sit on the patient's bed.
- We ask that visits be kept brief as these types of visits are not as tiring
- For your health and the health of other patients, please discourage friends
and family from visiting if they have colds or an infectious disease.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room when the patient receives treatment.
- For the health and safety of others, and so that the hospital may continue
to be fully accredited, Iredell Health System and all of its facilities
are tobacco free. The use of any tobacco products by patients, visitors
or staff is prohibited. See "Tobacco-Free Environment Policy."
- Children 12 years of age or older are considered adults for visiting purposes.
When you wish for a child under 12 to visit, you should obtain permission
from the charge nurse on the floor or from the nursing supervisor. Children
under 12 must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their
behavior. They may be asked to leave if they are disturbing to other patients.
Please do not leave children unattended.
- Should special visitation privileges be required, please consult your doctor
or nurse for permission.
Overnight privileges are permitted when necessary for the welfare of the
patients. Cots are available at no charge; just ask your nurse.
We recognize the importance and therapeutic benefits of visitation for
our patients. Therefore, general visitation hours are flexible. However,
to ensure the rest and recuperation of our patients, we do ask that
all visits be completed by 9:00 PM. The operator will announce overhead when general visitation hours have
ended for the day.
Critical Care visitation
The Birth Place visitation