Touching Lives, Lifting Spirits
Our volunteers have provided service to Iredell Memorial Hospital since
1954 and continue to be a vital asset to patients, family, visitors and
We currently have 166 active Volunteers who cover 22 areas of service.
They deliver flowers, cards, cheer cards, comfort families in waiting
rooms, deliver mail and pharmacy items to our staff or help serve refreshments
in the Pink Tea Room.
In addition to knowing that you are making a difference is peoples'
lives, the volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Free meal while you are on duty and a free drink during your break.
- Free flu shot in the fall.
- Wellness blood work for $25.00 annually after you have worked for 1 year.
- A special banquet is held for volunteers in the spring.
- Service pins are awarded for each 1000 hours of service.
We want you!
Whether you can work four hours a week, four hours a month or four hours
every other week, we want you to be a part of this vital service. Our
volunteers enjoy meeting new people and will welcome you to the opportunities
and fulfilling work of being a volunteer.
For more information, call the Volunteer Office at 704-878-4522 or
email our director of volunteers.
Volunteer Application and mail it to Janeen Doby, Iredell Health System, PO Box 1828, Statesville, NC 28687.