Why Choose Iredell?
There are many reasons to choose Iredell County to live, work and play.
There are even more reasons to choose Iredell Health System to work.
- Iredell Memorial Hospital is the county's largest hospital and the
county's ONLY not-for-profit hospital.
- Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in the Charlotte region by the
Charlotte Business Journal
- An American Heart Association designated "Fit Friendly Place of Work"
- Over of 1,500 full/part/prn staff members
- 249 physicians representing 39 medical specialties
- Three Year Approval with Commendation to Cancer Program
- 4- and 5-Star patient-rated Emergency, 2 North and The Birth Place Departments
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Committed to prevention & wellness of the communities we serve.
Living in beautiful Iredell County
- Immediate area population of approximately 40,000 with population within
25 mile radius of nearly 300,000
- 30 - 40 minutes from Charlotte or Winston Salem, NC
- Lake Norman, (520 miles) the largest man-made lake in North Carolina, where
you can enjoy windsurfing, skiing, jet skiing, and motor boating. The
fishing is excellent, and anglers can expect trophy caliber catches almost
- Morning's drive from popular North & South Carolina beaches
- An hour's drive from ski resorts
- Clean air environment
- Low crime area
- Great schools