Central Sterile Processing Technology
Effective and efficient cleaning and sterilization of surgical equipment
is what the Gentinge Group brings to Iredell Memorial's Sterile Processing
Department. The Gentige Group is a leading global provider of equipment
and systems that provide superior solutions for infection control and
sterilization within the hospitals operating rooms.
Air Glide System
The automation of multiple washer/disinfectors maximizes throughput with
maximum safety and reliability.
Decontamination is a multi-step process that plays a major role in the
prevention of disease transmission. For all reusable medical devices effective
cleaning is the most important step in this process, because devices must
be clean before they can be sterilized. Cleaning also presents the greatest
microbiological hazard to personnel handling contaminated devices.
The decontamination system is designed to:
- Protect employees from infection when first handling contaminated devices.
- Provide appropriate processes for the removal of high populations of microorganisms.
- Render devices safe-to-handle by inactivating infectious microorganisms
with hot water.
- Sterilize critical devices to kill all microbial life, including spores.
The GETINGE steam sterilizer represents the ultimate refinement in the
floor-loading concept, featuring large capacity chambers, user-friendly
display screens and intuitive controls.
- Stainless steel chambers and doors provide superior corrosion resistance
and structural integrity, and are backed by Getinge USA's 15-year
- GETINGE's sterilizable 4003 Loading Cart saves precious floor space
compared with traditional load cars and transfer carriage-style loading equipment
- Advanced control system makes it easy to establish custom cycle names for
quick and accurate identification
- Easy-to-use, power-operated door facilitates loading and unloading
- 26.5" wide chamber provides increased loading capacity when processing
24" wide containers
- As a replacement unit, the 833HC Steam Sterilizer offers increased chamber
loading capacity within the same wall openings and footprints of existing
GETINGE's commitment, quality and performance are reflected in an industry
leading, one year, parts and labor guarantee.
Designed for the removal of fine debris from small, difficult-to-reach
areas like serrations and box locks, and loaded with automated features
for consistent, cost-effective cleaning.
- Hands-free tray immersion
- Adjustable times and temperatures
- Handles large loads
- Convenient toe switch
- Automated features ensure thorough, consistent cleaning
- Push-button drain operation
- Instrument Traceability
The GETINGE T-DOC™ (Total Documentation) uses a powerful database
to manage washer-disinfection and sterilizer cycles, instrument location,
and staff productivity.
Critical care instruments and mobile equipment, can be located in seconds,
using keystrokes — not search parties — to improve the productivity,
accuracy and accountability of the sterile processing department.
Productivity and accuracy
- Benchmark team and individual productivity
- Track the location and quantity of sterile stock throughout your facility
- Electronically document sterilizer and washer cycle data
- Optimize inventory, combat hoarding, and streamline purchasing
- Speed production and facilitate accuracy
- Provide on-screen reference for proper tray configurations with pictures,
video or voice
- Inform staff when instruments and equipment are scheduled for maintenance
- Print a serialized identification label for instrument trays and mobile equipment
- Document all the steps in your quality-assurance process
- Reduce the risk of sterilization errors and improper tray configuration
- Notify when specific instruments are not eligible for a selected sterility cycle
- Fully document all instruments in production from date of purchase through
the most recent sterility cycle
- Facilitate more effective equipment servicing by providing technicians
comprehensive washer or sterilizer cycle documentation
Parallel Jet Spray, Manifold System
Getinge's exclusive, parallel, jet spray manifold oscillates in a
sweeping motion to reach all surfaces and to strip away soils. Eight parallel
pipes on each wall are fitted with eight nozzles each, providing complete
and constant coverage from floor to ceiling. This innovative design yields
washing results consistently superior to spinning arms, alternating spray
systems or halo wreaths.
Advanced Control System
Getinge's user-friendly PACS 3000 controls offer exclusive built-in
monitoring and security features that help deliver cleaning and disinfection
performance for each and every cycle.
Non-Recirculated, Vented, Drying System
- Powerful, brushless, fan motor forces fresh air through steam coils to
reach peak temperature in seconds.
- Turbulent, hot air is forced through 20 chamber ports for rapid drying.
- Optional, power tilt raises the floor on one side to drain excess water
and facilitate thorough drying. Heat exchanger uses hot, exhausting air
to heat fresh, incoming air.
- A 2" air gap above the machine exhaust helps reduce the moisture content
entering into the building exhaust.
Powerful, brushless, fan motor forces fresh air through steam coils to
reach peak temperature in seconds.