Iredell Health System is pleased to announce that the first baby of 2016
at Iredell Memorial Hospital was born Jan. 1, 2016 at approximately 6:44
am to parents Daniel and Jennifer Rumple of Hiddenite.
The infant, named Leilyn Mae, was born at The Birth Place inside Iredell
Memorial Hospital, a state-of-the-art maternity center offering pampered
pregnancy care and one-on-one nursing care to mothers. She weighed 7 pounds,
4 ounces at birth and is 19 inches long.
“We’re so excited to welcome the first baby of 2016,”
said Sharon Johnson, Director of The Birth Place. “Every baby born
is a delight, but we’re particularly pleased to celebrate the start
of this year with this bundle of joy.”
The birth was celebrated by family, friends, and staff at The Birth Place
with flowers, balloons, and cake. The family also received a gift basket
of donated gift certificates from community organizations.
- A free baby photo garden flag, courtesy of Flagology (Debbie Mundhenke);
- A free sheet of Jamberry Nail wraps, donated by Kristy Rimmer;
- A gift certificate for baby’s first birthday cake, to be redeemed
on the infant’s first birthday, from Karen’s Cakes (Karen Pharr);
- Blissful mint foot lotion and socks from Mary Kay cosmetics (Danielle Moody);
- A $20 Stride Rite gift certificate from McLelland Family Shoes (Rusty McLelland);
- A $50 gift certificate from Murphy’s Memories Photography (Amy Murphy);
- A $20 gift certificate from Origami Owl (Elizabeth Thies);
- A $25 gift certificate from Pampered Chef (Missy Kistemaker);
- A $25 gift certificate to PJ’s Clothing & Accessories (Pamela Locke);
- Jewelry and bath gel, donated by Premier Jewelry (Jessica Graham);
- A $25 gift certificate for Thirty-One (Amy Cummings);
- A $50 gift certificate for Young Living Essential Oils (Erica Goodnight);
- A $20 gift certificate for Younique (Denise Jones);
- And a variety of items donated by Iredell Health System.
Both mother and baby are doing well.
“I feel good. Everyone has been very nice and very informal, answering
every question I have,” said Jennifer.
“We’ve had a good experience here,” said Daniel. “Everyone
has been polite to us, and we haven’t had to wait on anything. This
is the best time of year to have a baby. Thank you to everyone for everything.”