Volunteers. Their smiles greet us when we walk in the door, their laughter
brightens our days. They give unselfishly of their own time. They touch
our lives and lift our spirits.
At Iredell Health System, we have an immense appreciation for the more
than 90 individuals who volunteer their time and talents to Iredell Memorial
Hospital (IMH). They deliver cheer cards to patients, greet visitors,
deliver mail, comfort patient families, run errands, and do so much more.
They have provided service to Iredell Memorial since 1954, and continue
to be a vital asset to patients, families, visitors and employees. Their
impact is unmeasurable, and they are an integral part of our team.
Volunteers have an enormous impact on the health and well-being of communities
worldwide – Iredell County included. Each year, volunteers at Iredell
Memorial serve for thousands of hours, and on Tuesday, April 26, Iredell
Health System took the time to thank its volunteers for their hard work
and dedication at a special awards banquet. During the banquet, many volunteers
were recognized for the hours they have served at IMH.
Please join us in extending appreciation to the following individuals:
- Junior Volunteers – 50 hours – Emily Cheshire and Andrea Renegar.
- 1,000 Hours – Mary Brinkley and Loyce Campbell.
- 2,000 Hours – Flora Combs; Mary Deaton; and Phyllis Grant.
- 4,000 Hours – Susan Gray.
- 5,000 Hours – David Eisele.
- 6,000 Hours – Tommie Dean and Nancy Levan-Little.
- 8,000 Hours – Norma Dearman and Sylvia Hanafey.
- 11,000 Hours – Vera Webster.