Iredell Memorial Celebrates First Baby of 2018
Iredell Health System is pleased to announce the first baby of 2018 at Iredell Memorial Hospital was born at 8:58 pm on January 2. New mother Emma Starnes of Stony Point and her baby boy Kade are doing well.
"It's always exciting to welcome the first baby of the year," said Sharon Johnson, Director of The Birth Place. "We want this to be a special time filled with precious memories for the mother and family, just as we do for all of our patients."
The Birth Place at Iredell Memorial is a state-of-the-art maternity facility offering one-on-one nursing and private, welcoming suites. Every mother receives perks through the Pampered Pregnancy program, including discounts at local businesses and a personal pregnancy coach.
Staff and family celebrated the first baby of the year at The Birth Place with a cake and balloons. The mother also received a basket filled with gifts donated by local businesses.
- A $20 gift card to Younique (Denise Jones)
- A $50 gift card from Murphy's Memories Photography (Amy Murphy)
- A $25 gift card to Thirty-One (Amy Cummings)
- A $50 gift card for Young Living Essential Oils (Erica Goodnight)
- A $10 gift card to Premier Design Jewelry (Jessica Graham)
- A $35 gift card to Craft Night Out (Chasity Turner)
- A Handmade journal with a cover made from a 1930's novel from Stone Bridge Lane (Glenise Ward)
- A $25 Stride Rite gift card from McLelland Shoes
- A gift card from Rhonda Wooten at Shear Perfection Hair Salon for a haircut and style for mom and baby's first haircut
- A one-hour massage from Finley Chiropractic (Ginger Finley)
- Mary Kay products valued at over $50 (Danielle Moody)
- Origami Owl locket (Elizabeth Thies)
- A free garden flag from Flagology (Debbie Mundhenke)
The Birth Place also provided a baby outfit, five onesies, keepsake boxes, a Sherpa blanket, teddy bear, a ribbon for the room door, cake, balloons, and other Pampered Pregnancy items.