We ask that all visitors adhere to the following guidelines when visiting patients:
- Do not enter the room when a NO VISITORS sign is on the door. If desired, you may leave a note for the patient at the nurses' station.
- No more than three visitors should be in the patient's room at any one time. Chairs are provided for the convenience of visitors. We kindly ask that visitors do not sit on the patient's bed.
- We ask that visits be kept brief as these types of visits are not as tiring for patients.
- For your health and the health of other patients, please discourage friends and family from visiting if they have colds or an infectious disease.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room when the patient receives treatment.
- For the health and safety of others, and so that the hospital may continue to be fully accredited, Iredell Health System and all of its facilities are tobacco-free. The use of any tobacco products by patients, visitors or staff is prohibited. See "Tobacco-Free Environment Policy."
- Children 12 years of age or older are considered adults for visiting purposes. When you wish for a child under 12 to visit, you should obtain permission from the charge nurse on the floor or from the nursing supervisor. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their behavior. They may be asked to leave if they are disturbing to other patients. Please do not leave children unattended.
- Should special visitation privileges be required, please consult your doctor or nurse for permission.
Please do not visit patients if you are experiencing the symptoms of a cold or the flu.
Overnight privileges are permitted when necessary for the welfare of the patients. Cots are available at no charge; just ask your nurse.
We recognize the importance and therapeutic benefits of visitation for our patients. Therefore, general visitation hours are flexible. However, to ensure the rest and recuperation of our patients, we do ask that all visits be completed by 9 p.m. The operator will announce overhead when general visitation hours have ended for the day.
Critical care visitation
- Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Overnight visitors are not permitted. (Some exceptions may be made. Please speak to the patient’s nurse for further clarification.)
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted to visit at any time.
- Visitors are limited to two at a time.
- No outside food or drink is allowed in the unit.
Birth Place visitation
- Visiting hours are 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Access is only available through the North Tower.
- Up to eight visitors at a time (excluding the father or designated support person).
- Children may visit as long as they are supervised at all times by an adult.
- When the babies are not in the room with their mothers, they may be viewed at the nursery window across the hall from the elevators.
- Passwords are required for visitors to enter, and it is the patient's responsibility to provide those passwords to potential visitors. Visitors will need to press an intercom button and provide the password to be granted entry.