COVID-19 Visitation Restrictions
Iredell Memorial Hospital allows one designated support person to accompany patients seeking treatment or visit those admitted to the hospital. Visitors are limited to one individual per day, and must abide by the following guidelines:
- Visitation is open from 8 am to 8 pm daily for patient floors. The Birth Place and Emergency Department are 24 hours.
- Labor and delivery patients may have one support person with them, but no visitors.
- Visitors must be age 18 or older.
- Visitors for hospitalized patients, Imaging Services, inpatient Lab, and the Emergency Department must use the Emergency Department entrance (Entrance E). Visitors accompanying patients in Radiation Therapy, Endoscopy, and the Iredell Heart & Vascular Center should use the Main Entrance (Entrance A).
- All individuals must sign in before proceeding to the designated area. Registration is required each day and visitors must wear a badge while in the facility.
- All visitors must wear a mask for the duration of their visit. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own mask.
- Visitors should remain in the designated area for the duration of their stay.
- For the safety of patients and staff, permitted visitors are strongly discouraged from switching off with another individual during the duration of the patient’s stay.
- Patients in isolation, those being treated for COVID-19, or those in the Critical Care Unit may be subject to stricter visitor limitations.
- No visitors are permitted in the Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Medical Records is currently not open for visitors. All medical records requests should be completed through the Iredell Health System website at iredellhealth.org.
- We are continually monitoring the pandemic and will continue to alter this policy to protect he health of our community.