At Iredell Health System, we have a professional shadowing opportunity for individuals who are 18 years of age or older and interested in a healthcare-related career. The shadowing observer will not participate in “hands-on” patient care activities, but will stay with the sponsor/mentor* at all times, and will not document on patient records. The shadowing experience is short in duration with a maximum of 20 hours within a 12-month period.
To apply for a Professional Shadowing experience at IHS, please:
- Secure an Iredell provider or preceptor to work with. Click here to find a provider.
- Once your request has been made and accepted, personnel in the Education Department will send the required documentation for your clinical experience.
- Complete the Professional Shadowing Application.
- Mentor/Sponsor should complete the Professional Shadowing Letter.
- Complete the Core Orientation by going to https://www.wakeahec.org/hctriangeclinical.htm. (opens in a new window) for instructions.
- Complete the Iredell Orientation packet.
- You may notify the Iredell Health System Education Department if you need additional resources or have any questions or concerns.
*It is the observer’s responsibility to secure his/her healthcare professional sponsor.
Please allow two weeks to process applications.
This shadowing opportunity is for individual requests only. Group requests for students must be coordinated between the school Program Director and the Education Department at Iredell Health System. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-873-5661 ext. 3443.