At Iredell Health System, individuals are given the opportunity to complete training hours in the clinical setting in order to satisfy graduation requirements for their program of study (i.e., internship, capstone, clinical hours). The student(s) will be with a preceptor* at all times and participate in patient care activities outlined by their curriculum. This education opportunity is for individual requests only. Group requests for students must be coordinated between the school Program Director and the Education Department at Iredell Health System.
To apply for a practicum experience at Iredell Health System, please:
- Secure an Iredell provider or preceptor to work with. Click here to find a provider.
- Contact your school Program Director/Clinical Coordinator to begin an Affiliation Agreement or to check if an Affiliation Agreement is in place.
- Allow up to four (4) weeks to process.
- The Affiliation Agreement must be finalized before a student can begin their clinical/practicum hours at IHS.
- Once your request has been made and accepted, personnel in the Education Department will send the required documentation for your clinical experience.
- The Program Director/Clinical Coordinator of your school will be responsible for verifying that all requirements of IHS are met through a Contract Addendum and Attachment A document that will be sent out.
- Complete the Core Orientation at http://www.wakeahec.org/hctriangeclinical.htm.
- Complete the Iredell Orientation packet.
- You may notify the Iredell Health System Education Department if you need additional resources or have any questions or concerns.
*Students are responsible for securing his/her preceptor
If you have any questions, please contact the Education Department at Iredell Health System through email email@example.com or call 704-873-5661 ext. 3443.